Thanks to our host utility LUMA Energy
Plain Talk About The Electric Power Industry
One Day Event:
Plain Talk About the Electric power Industry
- Morning Session: Power System Basics – Understanding the Electric Utility Operation Inside and Out.
- Afternoon Session: Distribution System – Delivering Power to the Customer.
- Instructor: Brent Olsen, 3 Phase Consulting.
Course Enrollment Fee:
This course is eligible for 0.8 CEUs. Course includes:
- Content provided electronically
- Continuing Education Certificate (CEU)
- continental breakfast
- lunch and snacks
- Early Bird: $715.00 – Early Bird Ends October 9. An early bird 10% discount is offered to attendees who register and pay before the discount registration period ends
- Regular Fee: $795.00
- Group Discount Available: 10% discount offered to two or more conference registrants from the same company or organization.
- Host Discount Available: 15% off registration fee (dedicated to LUMA employees and other supporters).
Please contact Cathie Lowell at c.lowell.ieee.org to obtain the discount
What you will learn:
- Basic understanding of concepts and equipment used in the modern power grid.
- Fundamentals of electrical generation, transmission, substations, distribution, control center operations and consumption.
- Important concepts surrounding power grid resiliency and safety.
- Knowledge of important issues facing planners and operators.
- Understanding of terminology used by technical personnel in the electric power industry.
- If you are involved in the electric power industry, you will benefit from attending this easy-to-consume course, conveniently delivered online.
Who will benefit:
- Non-technical personnel working at electric utilities.
- Engineers and other technical personnel transitioning to the power industry.
- Sales, marketing and support personnel at power system suppliers.
- Power industry policymakers, attorneys, regulators and their staff.
- New hires at any power industry employer.
Cancellations made in writing prior to October 23, 2023 will be fully refunded, less a $50 cancellation fee. There will be no refunds after October 23, 2023. If an enrollee is unable to attend, the fee may be used by a substitute, or for enrollment in a future course. In the unlikely event of an event cancellation, registrants will receive a full refund for the cost of registration only.