Call for Papers
The 2017 Conference on Innovative Smart Grid Technologies Latin America (ISGT-LA 2017), supported by the IEEE Power & Energy Society (PES), will be held on September 20-22, 2017 at the JW Marriott Hotel Quito in Quito, Ecuador.
The Conference will be a forum for the participants to discuss “Opportunities and Challenges of the Power Industry towards Management Systems Integration”. The aim of the Conference is to bring together researchers and practitioners from industry and academia and to provide them with a platform to report on recent developments, achievements, deployments, technology trends and research results, as well as initiatives related to Smart Grids.
The Conference will feature plenary sessions, panels, technical papers, industry exhibits, and tutorials by experts on smart grid applications and systems integration.
The Conference Organizing Committee invites researchers and practitioners worldwide to submit papers for review and possible presentation. The Conference scope covers the following general topics (included but not limited to):
- Energy and Distribution Management Systems
- Wide Area Monitoring, Protection, and Control in Energy Systems
- Information and Communications Technology
- Smart Electricity Markets
- Intelligent Control & Real-Time Stability Assessment
- Smart Sensors and Advanced Metering Infrastructure
- Impact of Smart Grid on Distributed Energy Resources (electric vehicles, demand response, distributed generation, storage)
- Energy Management Systems (with applications to smart buildings and home automation)
- Cyber Security Systems (intelligent monitoring and outage management)
- Smart Grid Interoperability and Standards
- Critical Infrastructure Resiliency (natural disasters, geomagnetic disturbances, etc.)
- Deployable Microgrids
- Smart Grid Deployment, Demonstration Projects and Experiences
- Computational Intelligence and Optimization Techniques
- Power Quality and Efficiency
- Renewable Energy Integration and Storage
- Demand Side Management
- Smart Buildings and Home Automation
- Utility Assets and Power Electronics
Full papers with a maximum length of 6 pages, and in accordance with the PES Author’s Kit are to be submitted by March 17, 2017 Extended April 14, 2017 (no later than 11:59 pm central) via the document submission portal ISGTLA17 Submission.
Please use this template Download template
In addition to general criteria mentioned in the Author’s Kit, the following criteria will be used in evaluating the submissions:
- Evidence of actual deployment or application
- Representative of a state-of-the-art capability or practice
- Ability to inform strategies for advancing grid capabilities
Accepted papers must be presented at the conference before they can be included in IEEE Xplore. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
The papers must be written in English.
Conference Registration and Accommodation
Information on hotel and conference registration will be available on the 2017 ISGT-LA website.
Final revised paper submission & Authors Registration: July 14, 2017
IEEE prohibits discrimination, harassment and bullying. For more information, visit www.ieee.org/web/aboutus/whatis/policies/p9-26.html